I know that this is a day late but better now than never!
I practiced some deep breathing the other day, while I drove in my car as I worked throwing newspapers out my car window. I was quite angry about my sons father leaving town, leaving us alone in town with no one else to help. Or at least there is one person, but I see this person I don't care for. Why would I leave my son with someone I don't trust or even hardly know?! Anyway, to relieve the tension I practiced focusing on my newspaper route and deep breathing. It really helped me. I didn't feel so much anxiety built up.
The 6 Principles of Integral Assessment
1. The goal of integral health is to alleviate needless suffering and promote human flourishing.
2.Integral health recognizes the distinction between short-term relief of needless suffering and permanent relief.
3. Integral health recognizes the distinction between immediate pleasure and long-term flourishing.
4. Psychospiritual development is an essential component of integral health.
5. Integral assessment relies on deep listening and guidance.
6. Integral assessment addresses the aspects, levels, and lines of development that are relevant to our current circumstance.
What I discover about myself during this assessment is that I am in a lot of pain and distress in important areas of my life being a mother. Family life is distressing because there is none. My son's father is causing a lot of this; I would have to physically leave the state of Washington to move on in my life. That is how I would further grow and develop. My life does not need to be like a movie; I don't want to be a part of it- so I need to make the change in order to get out.
In #2 I realize that I would be more understanding of my sons fathers mistakes if things were different; if he had really taken action with his words. He has gone the opposite direction- leading me to think that he loves living a complicated life. I may end up having a heart attack from all the stress.
I realize that I flourish around people, for the past 4-5 years I have been a bit isolated doing online schooling and working a non-traditional job delivering newspapers. This kind of schedule has put me at risk of health and mental distress from the lack of sleep. I know I am much happier when I have a full nights sleep!
I also realize with all this nonsense in my life, I flourish talking out my issues and problems to a counselor. Journaling has helped me in the past as well. I know that improving my attitude is another thing. I hate being so mad and frustrated all the time, it's very draining emotionally and physically. I just feel that if certain things change, so would my attitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment