Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Final Thoughts for Creating Wellness


  1. Review your unit 3 personal assessment of your psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Reflect on these areas . How did you score yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in unit 3? How do you score yourself now? Has the score changed? Why or why not?
From the unit 3 assessment I rated myself at a 4 for physical wellbeing, 1 for spiritual wellbeing, and 6 for psychological wellbeing. I think I still rate myself the same for these areas due to many setbacks I experienced this term. The relationship just continues as it is my son’s father, and this is where the problem is. It’s his words that do not match his actions. I believe this is why it affects me spiritually as well as I don’t have any faith or hope for relations to continue. He just wants his way and disregards what I have said to him and my feelings.



  1. Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.

I have not made much progress towards these goals yet. I have to first adapt a better schedule and routines for my daily activities as I work non-traditional hours. I feel as though I am starting to implement towards changing jobs as I have had an offer to take a part-time job at a daycare center. There are many positives looking at this and both my son and I would benefit.

  1. Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.

I have hung out with a few friends since unit 3, which is stated in unit 3’s assessment. I have taken some time to have fun with the few friends I do have. I have taken some time to myself to relax by taking warm, long baths. Other than that I have not implemented many activities I chose to do.

4.    Summarize your personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?

My experiences throughout the course were like a roller coaster. I hate to blame others because it doesn’t prove anything but my problems are relationship based. I have had to deal with unnecessary stress from my son’s father and him leaving town twice in the past 10 weeks. I had to deal with my son being in care of people I don’t know. My focuses were not really at school, although this class was quite easy for me. I have felt as though my wellbeing was at stake the whole term. The activities and practices of listening to the mp3’s I found rewarding as they were relaxing enough to help put me to sleep, as I have had much trouble with sleeping routines. I hope that I am able to talk to others in the future about similar issues, because I now know what I need to do in order to feel free, relaxed and happier for myself and my son.

3 comments:

  1. Lauren. We are all works in progress and will have setbacks occasionally. I believe that's what makes us stronger. Sometimes letting go of an unhealthy relationship is the best thing to do so you can move on and find happiness I know easier said than done I am so glad that this class has been beneficial to you it was nice to have you in class. Merry Christmas and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,

    I can relate to your struggles. My older sons Bio-logical father was,is, well.....not very nice. In some respects I wish we had never met but if we had not I would not have my Adam. Stay strong and true to yourself and the well-being of your son. I can see how some of these concepts could benefit you greatly and believe me I understand your issues. Continue to find joy wherever you can and "bathe" in it.If there is one thing i am sure of is change will come it is inevitible and you can make the change a good thing. Peace to you.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your relationship problems. It is good that you have started doing positive things to relax. I have not really progressed on my goals. But it is a process to get use to. Good Luck with your studies and your relationship.

    ReplyDelete