Let's see if I can really focus on this. I've been sick with a bad head cold for about 2 weeks now. Seems as though I feel worse right before feeling temporarily better. I am just glad I've been able to have some peace and quiet as my boyfriend has had our son, so I can get better.
Since the beginning of this class, I have realized some things about myself and my family. I have realized that I have always been kind of the nervous type. As a child I remember some bad habits, nail biting and hair twirling. I actually kicked the nail biting in my early 20's on my own! But as I went through my divorce, my anxiety went through the roof. I went to a counselor to get some help and she diagnosed me as having general anxiety. I know many people in America have this, I am not the only one. So with this in mind, I believe that meditation is beneficial for me.
Any kind of meditation is fine with me, I think I may even have meditation music somewhere. If I do continue to practice any of the exercises from this class it would be the loving-kindness and subtle mind exercises. I just need to calm my mind of the endless chatter going on in my head. There are many issues that are just on-going in my personal life that are very bothersome. I know my feelings are valid for the situation but I continue to feel undecisive about what to do.
I think that with any meditation, better sleep and a new job will help me to become the person I used to be. Happier and well-balanced.
Hi Lauren,
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well lately. I am convinced anytime you can have meditation part of your life is a good time. I feel it always clears my mind and I can focus on things I need too. Whenever I feel my mind is running a thousand mile an hour, meditation seems to slow it down and all of the chatter goes away. Good luck with head cold get well soon.
Craig
Lauren,
ReplyDeleteI also bit my nails as a kid and kicked that habit! When I learned all of the bacteria that gets on a person hands I immediately stopped because I was so grossed out. Too bad that doesn't work for everyone.
And I also started getting anxiety in my early 20s. I want to think it had something to do with my husband deploying overseas a couple of times. I was also concerned of his wellbeing and if I didn't hear from him for awhile I would get anxious. I suppose that carried into everything else that I would stress about.
A new job always helps! A "new" anything really! You could go extreme as to say a new car or a new house. But I believe the little things make me happy such as a new pair of jeans or new gym shoes. When I got my new job it made me feel great. I have been there for over sixty days now and I still love it. It definitely makes me appreciate sleep more and appreciate staying healthy, but it has also created a juggling act to get things accomplished during the week rather than saving them for the weekend.
I hope you do find a new job and start using meditation exercises in your life to ensure you a happier self!
Lauren, I hope you are feeling better. That is so hard when you are the one that is sick, especially as a single mom. I was a single mom for a few years with my older two and I remember how challenging that was. You are blessed that your boyfriend is there to help take care of your son which in turn is helping to take care of you. I think the only time I had out of control anxiety was when the business I had worked for for 25 years suddenly closed its doors and I had no game plan.That job was the one steady thing I had going for myself and our family for almost my entire adult life at that point. It is amazing how things fall into place sooner or later and then we look back on the whole fiasco and see the reasons so clearly. That's how I feel when I choose to implement the tools we have learned in this class for handling our trials as well as our gratitude and joy. I will be praying for you to find just the perfect job and restful sleep. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren,
ReplyDeleteI believe that these exercises can help you. I know how the thing goes with the neverending chatter going on. I have learned to relax my mind before going to sleep so that I can sleep well. I am not on a good sleep schedule right now. We know that getting the proper rest can help a lot of things. I wish you all the best in getting, not just a new job, but a better one for you and your situation.